- Accommodation at selected hotels with meals as mentioned in your final itinerary.
- Check-in time is 3.00PM and check-out time is 11.00AM. Early or late service is subject to availability with surcharge.
- Meals if mentioned in the final itinerary
- Transfers if mentioned in your final itinerary:
- Airport transfer (arrival and departure) in a shared van
- Public/Private transport on tour day
- Client Service Officer: provide self-guided clients with tour information
- Guide for half day or full day tour (English & other languages: German, Spanish, etc.)
- Sightseeing fees and permits during guided time
- Service charge and current government VAT tax
- JR Pass for 7 days.
- Optional tour
- Please make sure you have 6 months passport validity.
- Early/late check in/out service at hotels (surcharge if request)
- Tips and gratuities
- Services and meals if not mentioned in itinerary
- All drinks, including water, soft drink and alcohol on all included or optional excursion
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
DAY 1: KYOTO ARRIVAL
Meet your assistant at Narita Airport and transfer your hotel. Relax at the hotel before walk out for dinner at Japanese-style restaurants in the nearby area.
DAY 2: KYOTO
We start with the sprawling, breath-taking Nijo Castle, followed by Ryoanji - the UNESCO World Heritage zen temple with famous rock garden. This unique garden has no plant, apart from little patches of moss around the stones. Afterward, visit Kinkakuji, the shining pavilion completely covered by gold leaf that was originally built as a shogun&;s summer house.
In the afternoon, stroll through Higashiyama District, where invoke a feeling of ancient capital city. Begin with Kiyomizudera, one of Japan's most sacred temple. Marvel at this temple&;s unique architecture of the main hall, built without the use of any joiners. Higashiyama quaint alleyways are lined with small shops, cafes and restaurants catered to tourists and pilgrims for centuries.
DAY 3: KYOTO - NARA (OPTIONAL)
Today will be at your leisure. Enjoy another day wandering Kyoto's mesmerizing streets, or venture onward for a day trip to either Nara, Hiroshima or Osaka.
Travel a short distance to Nara and meet the semi-wild deer at Nara Park, admire the structure of Todaiji Temple, Kasuga-Taisha Shrine. Or travel a bit further to visit the charming city Hiroshima, and wander around the Peace Park reflecting on the turbulent mid-century events. Another option is Japan's fun-filled city Osaka, which is known for its gastronomic delights and friendly local residents.
DAY 4: IZU PENINSULA
Today we will leave the frenzy of the city behind and embark on shinkansen to Shimizu, and then an hour long ferry to Toi – a small resort town of Izu. Mt. Fuji is clearly visible from the ferry on clear day crossings. The town is renowned for hot springs, beaches, the historical gold and silver mine, and the world's largest flower clock.
In Toi, many hotel onsens have spectacular views of Suruga Bay, unusual rock formations, and Mt. Fuji. We therefore recommend travelers to have a soak at those hot spring baths even if not planning to spend the night. Later on, enjoy a warmhearted dinner at your accommodation.
DAY 5: KAMAKURA - YOKOHAMA - TOKYO
After early breakfast, we depart to travel to Japanese capital – Tokyo. We will visit Kamakura – the ancient city that has developed its own, original culture – en route to the capital.
Kamakura is a coastal town in Kanagawa Prefecture. Once a great fortress town thanks to the surrounding mountains and open sea, Kamakura is now flourishing city bursting with quaint shopping streets, stunning temples and peaceful shrines, along with the famous Great Buddha and Hasedera Temple.
Continue your journey to Yokohama, a major city with unique and attractive townscape. Enjoy the local lunch before visiting the temple where we can watch the fire ceremony, a unique ritual in the local custom. Followed by visit to Kirin Beer Factory to witness the production of Japan's arguable the most famous beer brand.
Our final stop is Tokyo. Enjoy the night at your leisure.
DAY 6: TOKYO
Today will be enjoyed freely. We offer an optional tour to visit Sumo Practice Watch in the morning. Edo Walking Tour with Guide is also on the table if you are interested. Don't know what should you have for lunch? A genuine Chankonabe (Hot Pot) in an ex-sumo wrestler is a perfect option for you!
Enjoy your farewell dinner on a boat by the river.
DAY 7: TOKYO DEPARTURE
Today you will transfer to Narita airport and board your flight home. Sayounara!